What is the first name that pops in your mind when you hear the word CMS? If you are even a little bit aware of the comings and goings of web development, then your answer will be WordPress. The simplicity and the user-friendliness of WordPress have made it one of the most popular Content Management Systems (CMS) among developers as well as users. Despite the popularity of the CMS many people still don’t know the basic things about WordPress. Here, we are trying to solve this problem. Read on to get answers to some of the most asked questions about WordPress. How to Use WordPress? You have to create a self-hosted WordPress site to start using it. To do that, download the latest version of WordPress on your computer. While the files are downloading, search for a secure place to host the downloaded files. To have a smooth user experience, you should host the files somewhere which always remain online. It is better to buy shared hosting if you are just starting your journey. Shared hosting will also go easy on your pocket. Once it’s done, you will need a domain name which the users will use to access your site. Once these are done, you can install WordPress manually with ease. You can also host WordPress locally on your computer. If all these seem too much for you, better create your blog or website on wordpress.com. In fact, this is the best option for people who are new to the game. Is WordPress Free? Yes. WordPress is absolutely free for either commercial or personal use. However, you have to pay for some associate services for putting up your own site. The associated services can mean the hosting, the domain name, and the time of a professional WordPress designer. If you want to save money, choose one of the free themes or get one of the paid ones. Invest some of your time to understand the layout and design of your site. How Long Does It Take to Build a WordPress Website? The time depends on the type of your website. If you are installing WordPress in order to create a blog, it can take about 4-5 hours. For a site, this time can be longer. The reason is you have to update content for the pages of your site. To complete this task, you should take about 10-20 hours. Take a look at the following list to have a rough idea about the time.
- 24-30 Hours=Designs of the home page, archive pages, blog page, and internal page layout.
- 40-48 Hours= coding the theme of the website.
- 10 Hours=for testing the website and adding final touches to it.
- Easy to Use:Anyone with minimal technical know-how can use WordPress with ease. This is true for both the developers and designers and the end users. With the help of this CMS, you will be up and running in no time at all.
- Easy to set up:You will definitely get astonished about the easy ways of setting the website up in the web server. Generally, it takes less than five minutes to complete this task.
- Lightweight and Speedy:WordPress is one of the lightest CMS, and so, it is fairly easy to handle. In short, you can upload it to the server, take back up, and move from server to server without any hassle. WordPress runs faster and takes less space to work
- Highly Scalable:With the help of the right resources and infrastructure, you can scale the system up to thousands of users at the same time. This is why many big names like Sony Music, The New Yorker, Time Inc. etc. use WordPress.
- Most Popular CMS:When it comes to popularity, there is no other CMS like WordPress. In fact, more than 32% of websites on the internet are powered by WordPress.
- Add Features and Functionality:You can add features in WordPress according to your needs with ease. To make your work easier, the CMS has many plugins through which you can add some additional features and functionalities. The best thing about WordPress is you can tweak it according to your needs without knowing anything about coding.