Applications are the new face of web and mobile software. Application development has a big contribution in any company’s competitive advantage. Gradually the software development lifecycle is morphing into application development lifecycle. There are various stages in the application development lifecycle which are:
• Planning – This step is the foundation to your entire endeavour. Thorough research and brainstorming is required to come up with a plan of action. The objective of creating the app should be clear, whom to target, the platform that is needed to build it, will it be free or paid, assessment of the future of the app to fix a budget accordingly; all these questions should be answered with clarity and fixed at this initial stage.
• Technical Documentation – This is a complex documentation of the product that you are aiming to build. It should be a guide for the specialists embarking on the journey of the build-up. It should have the provision of incorporating changes in the future.
• Building a Prototype – To bring a concept to life visually is the lookout at this stage. The draft version of the app sets up the main logic, how many screens would be used and how would they interact with each other. A clickable prototype helps in analyzing all possible use cases, logical breaks and technical inconsistencies.
• Code Development – Front-end development is client-side which involves a presentation layer of the software to enable a direct user interaction. Back-end development is the server/database part. It connects the front-end part of the app with the data access layer.
• Quality Assurance – Compatibility on different devices and screens, checking the interface actions like navigation, menu and buttons performance, running the app in different conditions like low battery, slow internet connectivity, testing the safety of user’s data, round of beta testing for users are part of this crucial stage.
• Finally, Publishing and then Maintenance – This stage is when the app is published and the updated versions are followed to a specific app store. Then constant infrastructure support in the form of proper functioning of the admin panel or the attcahed cloud service should be fully functional at all times. App store optimization needs to be done to bring the app at the top of search lists.
If the above steps are followed thoroughly then you can guarantee a successful app performance. If the smallest features and functions in the planning stage are followed then you can also save money while the actual development happens.
If you are on the lookout for a company who specializes in application development then look no further. Matrix Media has the solution for you. Contact now.